For years I’ve struggled with makeup lasting all day instead of a few hours before getting oily and blotchy. I’ve learned a few tricks along the way that I’ll share with you below!
First things first, make sure you are washing your face, applying toner, and a good moisturizer (based on your personal skin tone) before applying any makeup. Don’t forget to wash off makeup before bed! I like to wash, rinse, repeat to make sure there isn’t any residue leftover before applying my night creams.
- Apply a primer – Smashbox makes a thin, smooth primer I’m in love with. I recently tried their green formula – it works about the same as their regular. A little goes a long way.
- Apply foundation with a makeup brush that will help blend out any lines, pores, and blemishes. I personally like Clinique’s Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer. This foundation is thicker than most liquid foundations (I normally stick to a cream), so it covers and blends well.
- Powder your face by blotting, not rubbing/swiping so your makeup doesn’t move. You can leave any extra on (baking) while you finish the rest of your face or only apply a small amount.
- I like to lightly use a setting spray once I’ve finished my face, but before mascara so that it doesn’t smudge under the eyes. I use a few sprays and focus on my T-zone. Urban Decay has worked wonders for me.
- Use oil absorbing sheets or a thin tissue to blot any oiliness throughout the day and reapply powder if needed.
Do you have any secrets for oily skin or makeup that lasts all day? Let me know in the comments!